Please visit our FAQ page to see if your question has already been answered first.
If you have a suggestion to improve the website, please post that here. For all other inquiries please fill out the form below.
where can I go to sign the initiative to get this on the ballot
My son is the microbiologist who became ill because of working in a biotech research and development company. This company searches the world in hopes of finding NEW microorganism/s (and/or new species of current microorganism/s) to be used in bio-control products that are used on our food crops, animal food crops, and for insect control.
Not only are we being exposed to genetically modified organisms by way of the DNA gene splicing of these microorganisms into the plants; we are also being exposed by way of bio-control products that are being sprayed on our food crops in the field. These are LIVING bacteria and fungi that are released on the plant itself and surrounding soil/s. These LIVING MICROORGANISMS also could very well end up in our waterways.
The companies that manufacture these bio-control products have been fighting for exemption of the CLEAN WATER ACT.
Because microorganisms are found “naturally”; the EPA and the California Department of Pesticide Regulation has been giving bio-control products the “green light”. HOWEVER, bio-control products can contain as little as 00.07% of “active ingredient” (actual bacteria and/or fungi that is listed on the label. What DOES NOT have to be listed on the product labels are the inert" ingredients in the bio-control product. In the case of the "active ingredient being 00.07%; why are we NOT ALLOWED to KNOW what the other 99.93% ingredients are??? One is surprised when they read the actual patents for bio-control products as there is wording such as the addition of CHEMICALS – additional BACTERIA and/or FUNGI that is not listed as an “active ingredient”
Yes, SOME “naturally found” bacteria and/or fungi are safe for humans, that is; WITHOUT any alteration what-so-ever. HOWEVER when these bacteria and/or fungi are altered I.E.: genetically engineered (or) modified they then ARE NOT natural anymore. LOOK AT ANTHTHRAX – in it’s “pure” state it was the bacterium Bacillus Anthracius – THAT IS UNTIL IT WAS ALTERED.
Problems with GMO’s IN FOOD? WHAT ABOUT THE GENETICALLY MODIFIED MICROORGANISMS (ORGANISMS) THAT ARE BEING “PUT ON” the food?
I was asked to please contact you if I came back to the Saramento, CA area. I am in the area should you still wish to speak with me. I will gladly help your cause…. our food and water ARE NOT safe.